Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party/Operations (DCOP-Operations) position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Ethiopia. The goal of this project is to strengthen the capacity of Ethiopia’s subnational governments, enhance citizen engagement, and strengthen civil society oversight. This will be achieved by strengthening subnational governments ability to meet citizen needs; and to enhance citizen engagement in governance through strengthened mechanisms for citizen input, improved citizen access to information and independent media, and strengthened civil society capacity to conduct advocacy and oversight.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the DCOP – Operations will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project’s financial management, HR, procurement, and administration while ensuring compliance with local government and Tetra Tech rules and regulations. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Addis Ababa.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Ethiopia. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in accounting and finance, international development, administration, or similar field. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
* Five years of experience overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously, including hiring, training and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting and reporting; and logistics and procurement. Direct experience working and managing programs in Ethiopia strongly preferred;
* At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience and work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Excel skills required; QuickBooks experience preferred;
* Experience with procurement required;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
*Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
*Proficiency in written and spoken English is required; Amharic fluency desired.
* Ethiopian nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/DCOPOperEthiopiaSAGCE
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.