Location: Shire, Tigray Region, Ethiopia
Responsible for the implementation and technical supervision of all health and nutrition programming at the regional and country level. Takes the lead in monitoring service quality, drug supply, staff development, reporting and exercises budgetary responsibility.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Work closely with the Program Manager/Team Lead, senior management and field teams to determine operational needs of the health and nutrition program
- Monitor and evaluate health and nutrition service delivery objectives, indicators and outcomes of regional programs; Make program adjustments as needed to align with donor and MTI requirements
- Utilize Unit 4 ERP system to analyze supply need and oversee timely procurement of equipment and adequate drug supply in accordance with consumption needs, national drug protocol and program budget
- Assist in implementing HR functions related to staff management (hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training and capacity building of health facility staff based on assessed needs
- Represent MTI at health and nutrition coordination meetings at regional and national level, task force meetings and other partner coordination meetings and communicate relevant information back to staff and HQ technical team
- Maintain relationships as first point of contact with the Ministry of Health and local health authorities, donor technical teams and partners
- Act as last line clinical consultation and make recommendations for referrals for specialized care
- Lead production of site and donor reports including compiling and analyzing data, compiling narrative and analysis
- Work with management and partner agencies for outbreak preparedness and contingency planning
- Lead sector strategy and project design development for new donor proposals and budgeting processes
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies
- Ensure accountability is integrated into country strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluations, recruitment, staff onboarding, trainings and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Doctor of medicine (MD) or other relevant clinical degree is required
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an added advantage
- Registration with Medical Council of [Country]
- Valid practicing license is required
- 4 years of experience in hospital practice relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, [HIV/AIDS] and communicable diseases; inclusive of 2 years at a managerial level is required
- Experience with an international NGO or UN agency is required
- Experience outside of home country is desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and operations and project cycle management
- Knowledge of [Country] MoH, WHO and UN health systems and policies
- Basic knowledge of evidenced based practices in health and nutrition in humanitarian settings
- Basic knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs
- Skilled in communications using email, applications including teams, and whatsapp
- Skilled in project cycle management
- Skilled in capacity building and mobilizing staff to achieve a common goal
- Skilled in relationship building with the ability to liaise with multiple partner agencies
- Skilled in using Unit 4 ERP, HIS and HMIS database systems
- Skilled in data analysis and writing proposals and reports
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strategic thinker with analytical skills
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Ability to travel to health facilities frequently and at times upon short notice
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative to plan, organize and follow through to meet deadlines
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
- Usual work schedule is up to 48 hours a week (Monday-Saturday)
How to apply:
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn’t load, please see all our current openings at .