ABOUT LINK COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Link Education International in Ethiopia is part of Link Education International (LEI), a family of not-for-profit organizations working together to transform education for children and communities across impoverished areas of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, and Uganda. Since our foundation in 1995, we have worked in 3,000 schools and improved the lives of over two million children through unique and effective school improvement models. We guide governments and educators to adopt low-cost solutions to improve learning and support for children, with a focus on literacy, numeracy, and inclusion for the most marginalized children. Through a partnership delivery model which embeds piloting and learning within local systems, we influence changes to policy, practice, and accountability on a national scale, and our interventions are regularly adapted and replicated by governments and NGOs in new countries and contexts. LEI, based in Edinburgh, Scotland supports all project, M&E, fundraising, finance, and governance activities in our four sub-Saharan partner countries.
Link Education International in Ethiopia is seeking the services of a professional photographer and videographer consultant with experience in taking development work-oriented photographs and videos, which will form part of Link’s portfolio and will be used for Link’s programming, and for use on Link’s website, social media accounts and to be shared with Link’s donors.
INDICATIVE AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Capture high-resolution images of preselected learners –particularly girls— and teachers who are part of Link’s Supporting Transition of Adolescent Girls through Enhanced Systems (STAGES) to illustrate their learning process and learning environment
▪ Edit and optimize images for transmission, according to Link’s communication channel (e.g. social media accounts; website; posters)
▪ Provide creative inputs to ensure that stories and corresponding pictures and videos contribute to the Link’s program objectives and its dissemination
▪ Produce a series of short videos—with English and Amharic subtitles—profiling the preselected learners, teachers, and community members, in the course of classroom activities, during training and/or education advocacy events.
▪ Provide 1 half-day training to up to 10 people on: – best practice on how to use organization’s camera and/or individual smart-phone – principles of ethical photography focusing on collecting images and videos which are ethical, professional, fair, and accessible; gathering informed consent for people to photograph or film; ensuring the final product does not negatively infringe on individuals’ dignity, or cause them any harm
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
▪ 3 (three) years’ progressive experience as a photographer and videographer
▪ Demonstrated experience of photography and videography for development and/or humanitarian-related work
▪ Experience in photography and video postproduction
▪ Experience of working in an international NGO in a similar assignment
▪ Ability to work in close coordination with other team members
▪ Ability to effectively incorporate guidance provided by Link
▪ Efficiency, flexibility, and high level of professionalism
▪ Be in possession of a high-resolution digital camera/equipment to use for this assignment.
▪ Fluency in English and Amharic
▪ Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Link
▪ Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
▪ Commitment to Link’s Safeguarding and gender policies
How to apply:
The proposed start date for this assignment is November 8, 2021. Consequently, payment shall be made upon submission of deliverables as per the deliverables outline which will be agreed upon between the consultant and Link.
The copyright for all photographs and videos remains with Link.
Please send a Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com the subject line “Photography & Videography Consultant – Job Application”
Your cover letter should detail how you meet the required criteria o It should also detail your available start date and your rate per day for shooting and rate per day for post-production o Lastly, it should include/share a link to your portfolio.
• The closing date for applications is Friday, October 22 2021
• Applicant should be nationals of Ethiopia • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified. Female candidates and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply