At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all teachers and learners. Do you have previous experience working in multiple countries to deliver high-quality programs focused on training of frontline health workers and government leaders? If so, you may be one of our next Senior Technical Coordinators on the Community Health Academy (Academy) team.
Reporting to the Regional Advisor, the Senior Technical Coordinators will play a critical role in supporting Academy programming by coordinating with the Regional Faculty Network and engaging partners primarily in Ethiopia, but also across the East and Southern Africa region.
The ideal candidates will have superior project management skills and the experience and capability to work across multiple countries within their region. The team is specifically interested in hiring two candidates for these positions who possess expertise in one or more the following areas of work:
- Public health
- Capacity building
- Digital health
- Digital education
- Community health worker programming
- Government engagement
Throughout their employment with LMH and the Academy, the Senior Technical Coordinators will support on a variety of projects and efforts to promote the Academy’s vision to establish stronger, sustainable community health programs across the region through high-quality training for the health leaders, community health workers, supervisors, and managers who deliver health services to the last mile and beyond. During these unprecedented times, the Senior Technical Coordinators will specifically be engaged in projects related to COVID-19 response and supporting the legal registration of LMH in Ethiopia.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Regional Advisor and Regional Engagement Director, to cultivate, engage, and coordinate partners (e.g. donors, faculty, learners, sponsors, and others) interested in supporting the programs at the country and regional level
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge
- Contribute to building country and partners capacity as it relates to Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD) and Clinical Education (CE) programs
- Provide oversight on the execution of regional engagements, inclusive of stakeholder management, project management, deliverable tracking, reporting, budget, and knowledge management for projects
- Support external relationship management in partnership with the Regional Advisor and Regional Engagement Director, including regular communications, presentations, and thought partnership
- Coordinate activities to support the Regional Faculty Network under the guidance of the Regional Engagement Director
- Support the adaptation, localization and digitalization of the global blended learning curriculum for community health workers at the country level
- Research new and emerging health leadership development thinking and design theories to help position the Academy at the forefront of quality learning in this field
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s degree with demonstrated experience in public health
- A minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in one or more of the work areas highlighted in the job summary
- Work authorization in Ethiopia
- Previous experience working in multiple countries or in a regional role
- Ability to travel both domestically, regionally, and internationally up to 25%
- A proven track record of building and maintaining productive and lasting relationships with partners, such as governments, clinical entities, academic institutions
- Comfortableness working in teams as well as acting independently in the implementation of specific tasks, prioritizing, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to diplomatically navigate complex stakeholder dynamics, proactively problem solve to negotiate, and achieve results and consensus with multiple influencers
- Robust knowledge management skills, including the advanced use of major office applications
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; ability to use Excel to create charts, graphs, and pivot tables preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with diverse stakeholders in a range of multi-disciplinary settings
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have an understanding of curriculum development for digital learning
- You have extensive knowledge of health system frameworks related technical terms and programs
- You have previously worked as a government leader or frontline health worker
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health, an organization that has worked for more than a decade to support governments to build national community health systems, launched the Community Health Academy in 2017. By leveraging the power of digital training tools, the Academy partners with Ministries of Health to strengthen the clinical skills of community health workers and the capacity of health systems leaders in order to build higher quality health systems.
LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Boston, Liberia, Malawi and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link provided. We look forward to hearing from you.